3.5 V Coaxial Ophthalmoscope
The patented Welch Allyn Coaxial Vision System facilitates ophthalmoscopy by enabling easier entry into the eye, a larger field of view, and reduced glare compared to standard ophthalmoscopes.
- Halogen HPX lamp provides light for true tissue color and long-lasting performance
- Coaxial optics produce a shadow-free spot, easier entry into undilated pupils, and a larger field of view versus standard ophthalmoscopes
- Detect corneal abrasions with cobalt blue filter
- Polarizing filter virtually eliminates corneal reflection
- Sealed optics keep out dust and dirt
- 18 unique aperture/filter combinations for greater versatility
- Red-free filter may be used with any aperture
- 28 focusing lenses with a range of -25 to +40 diopters
- Head only - Handle sold separately
Apertures for : 3.5 V Coaxial Ophthalmoscope
Micro-Spot Aperture: allows quick entry into small, undilated pupils.
Small Aperture: provides excellent view of fundus through an undilated pupil.
Large Aperture: standard aperture for a dilated pupil and general examination of the eye.
Fixation Aperture: has graduated cross-hairs for measuring eccentric fixation or locating lesions.
Slit: used to determine levels of lesions and tumors.
Red-free Filter: excludes red rays from examination field for easy identification of veins, arteries and nerve fibers.
Cobalt Filter: used with fluorescein dye to view small lesions, abrasions, andforeign objects on the cornea.